Monday, 4 June 2012

Oliver Drummond, revisited

Now that the post-publication promotion of Tiberius Found slips into gear, I've time to revisit Oliver Drummond and the Four Horsemen - my 1926-set Young Adult supernatural adventure.

The story was initially written a couple of years ago with an adult as the central character, but was re-written with the protagonist being a fourteen year old boy. This made more sense as the original version didn't really have a sense of focus, as to who the reader would be.

I sent (what I thought was) a finished version to agents a while back and I received notes back with suggestions on how to improve the narrative and story, so I'd be a fool to ignore them. The main change means that a fair chunk needs re-working and impacts throughout the story. I agree with the agent - the changes will make for a stronger novel.

I'm finding that, with the Bank Holidays of late, that I'm able to crack on with it and am pretty happy with how it's going so far.

No comments: