Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Beat-sheet Frenzy

In the wake of producing a 40-card beat-sheet for Salesmen Abroad, I've now completed another one for a 60-minute drama which centres on the corruption and manipulation of a new female prison worker: inspired, in a small way, by BBC's successful Prisoner's Wives, which recently aired here in the UK.

Maybe it was because I had the practise fresh in my mind from Salesmen Abroad, I don't know, but I found the process this time around much easier. It may also have been easier because I've been mulling over the storyline for a while now. Whatever the reason I found that I banged out the 40 beats pretty quickly and where there were any gaps they were rapidly filled in. I don't have a working title for it yet and plan to leave it alone for a while (a few weeks, maybe) then start scripting it out.

As it stands right now, I'm in a happy writing place: my Tiberius Found novel is waiting to be given a quick once over and then posted to the Kindle book site, the treatment for Salesmen Abroad seems to have been well received and other ideas are swilling around in the maelstrom which is my imagination.

If only there were more hours in the day or that I only needed three hours sleep.

No comments: