Sunday, 6 November 2011

Yes, success!!

It's been a long time coming but the first full draft of Tiberius Found has been completed. Coming in at just over 75,000 words it's pretty much bang on for my estimated word count.

It's more like third or fourth draft than first, as the vast majority of it has been gone over multiple times but it's the first full length version complete with ending.

Happy day. I have one pre-reader so far, who's happy (in fact very willing) to read and look for a) typos b) errors and c) just plain crapness. Hopefully there will be a) not many b) one or two at most and c) none.

There will be a hiatus now as I give the story a chance to settle before going back to it with a re-writer's eye. Not that I plan to be idle as I've been itching to get back to the period YA adventure that I need to re-work Oliver Drummond and the Four Horsemen. I had an Agents notes back on a full-read of the last version, so there are areas which I'm keen to amend and strengthen.

No comments: