Monday, 13 June 2011

Selling Sweeney and pastures new

Scott Barber has let me know that due to budget issues Selling Sweeney is to be put on hold for the time being, although he tells me that it is still on his slate. With that in mind and him wanting to get SeeView Pictures off the ground wants to film a lower-cost, short piece.

His wife is a dentist and has access to a surgery in an old Victorian building. He asked me to write a max 10-page script, with two actors and the one setting in a similar vein to the Hammer House of Horror stories of the 80s.

So, with that in mind I've written Novocaine Will Numb the Pain - a 7-page, two character script. Although I did throw in a cheeky second location, but I feel it enforces and adds to the whole. It's about a distinctly odd dentist who lets a woman in to his surgery at the end of a day and without an appointment. It doesn't look good for her. But she's got secrets of her own.

The initial reaction has been that he likes the script but I anticipate some tweaking once a director gets attached. So maybe this will prove to be my first produced work ... It may all change before the end of the week.

No comments: