Thursday, 24 February 2011

Tiberius latest

The last few days has seen a surge in the Tiberius Found story. I've written just over 5,200 words - approx. 1,700 words/day - which has bumped the current word count to just over 44,000.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I find it so odd that for ages I seem to have a slump in the word count production and then all of a sudden they just flow. It might help that I've got to the bit (which in a screenplay would be described as the Act II climax/Break into Act III) which turns the world upsdie down for the Hero and sets him on the course which will descide not only his fate, but also the fate of those he cares about.

The decisions he makes from this point will have life-changing consequences, and sets up the final showdown between him and the bad guy. If this were a Panto, you could now Boo and Hiss.

This final act is pretty fast-paced with action leading to information which leads to more action which in turn leads to Space Elephants. I'm joking about the Space Elephants. I just wanted to see if you were paying attention. But the resolution is fairly energenitc with (hopefully) a few twists along the way. And I'm enjoying writing it.

Will he manage to over-come the obstacles and defeat the bad guy? And if so, what price will he have to pay? First draft here we come.

No comments: