Thursday, 10 February 2011

Shooting script? Not by a long way ...

Following on from this post about Selling Sweeney ...

The latest Selling Sweeney'news is that Scott has had some feedback from another director friend and the main comment he had was that - although the premise, characters and locations were good - it lacked any real conflict. Conflict that I was asked to remove from an earlier version in an attempt to cut down on locations and characters...

A few suggestions have been made (by the director friend, Scott and myself) as how to improve the situation and I feel another rewrite is imminent.

Am I disheartened? Am I frustrated? Not really. This is all part and parcel of the writing industry. I fully expected that when a definite director was attached (and I'm not sure that the guy offering comments is the one) then changes would be called for. It's almost as if the director has to suggest changes to put their own stamp on a piece of work. C'est la vie.

I'm just waiting now to hear what amendments Scott wants me to make.

No comments: