Thursday, 3 February 2011

First 'short' shoot?

The latest update from Scott is that (as far as anything can be certain before it's actually done) 'Selling Sweeney' will be his first short produced. Which is great news and really very exciting. He's due back in the UK in a couple of weeks or so and the London meet looks like it'll happen.

I was at a local writer's get together in Taunton last night, where I passed on the good news and was treated almost as if I was royalty. Odd. I suppose that being part of a group with some positive news cheers everyone on and, although I kept saying that the filming hadn't happened yet so there was no guarantee, they were all really excited about it.

The last week has been an emotional roller-coaster, but I guess that's all part and parcel of this crazy writing business. Something that I wouldn't mind getting used to. The next step is actually getting paid for it ...

No comments: