Saturday, 29 January 2011

Writing to order

I sent a copy of 'Coffee, Biscuits and Bullets' off in response to a script call from a post on Shooting People at the start of the week and got a very positive response from the producer asking for the screenplays. Then I got an email from him asking if I had anything along the lines of 'The Sting'/'Hustle'?

No, I didn't, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

So I wrote a new 11-page screenplay with the general theme of his synopsis in just over a day.

Phew. First time trying to write something to order.

The result is 'Selling Sweeney': a Hustle-type short which I'm quite happy about. The worse case scenario is that I have a new piece of work, and had the experience of writing something new to a (self imposed) deadline.

I sent it over to him earlier today, so just have to wait now to see what he thinks.

No comments: