Monday, 17 January 2011

Latest piece of work

I've been drawn away from the story and forced, forced I tell you, to write another short screenplay. I've listed it with the others, below and to the right, below my 'bio'. It's called 'Tombstone' and is about a young couple who go to a dis-used quarry lake to do some tombstoning. It's all fun and games until something goes wrong. Oh, dear, another cheerful, up-lifting piece.

I've been looking to get some produced work out there so have taken the decision to get more short, lo-budget, screenplays written in the hope that I can get some credits behind me. That's not to say that I wouldn't mind earning something from them, but like everyone in this game I need to have some sort of portfolio to show that I can actually produce work of a reasonable standard.

I'm not a writer if all I do is talk about writing. Novels are all well and good, and I'll continue to work on them and develop stories that might be one day fit for publication, but short work - short screenplays - are more likely to be attractive to people as I haven't yet earned a reputation. At least not one where writing is concerned ...

No comments: