Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Rejection light relief

I may not like the rejections I get but at least I'm not this bad. I've copied this from the 'Slush Pile Hell' blog as the latest installment. Classic ...
'If you do not care for my book premise, spare me, please, please, the smug, stock, pre-packaged rejection replies which are, oh so, very, very tiresome to read. A simple no is sufficient.'
The response was:
"What a cute little man you are, and I’m sure you’re just loaded with talent. Unfortunately my prestigious literary firm could not possibly handle another client at this time, as we are in the midst of countless 7-figure negotiations for clients far more important than…
Oh, sorry. That was my smug, stock, pre-packaged rejection.
I’ll try to keep it simple: No. Your book blows."

No comments: