Friday, 12 October 2007

I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself...

No update reagrding the Short. Haven't been able to contact the director.

As any of you guys (gals) reading this may already know, I'm a Shooter. Recently The Shooting People published a book; Getting Your Short Film Funded, Made and Seen (or Shorts Directory for... well short). I bought it immediately and got it for the big initial discount and it's well worth it's jacket price. I'm reading through it piecemeal and got to a section yesterday where it talks about story development and includes a link address to atomfilms.

I'd not heard of them before so took a look. WOW! How many shorts do they have there? All to view for free (but you do have to sit through a brief advert first; sponsorship, ha!). I watched a few (some were good, some were mediocre), but then came to 'Pissboy'. Dodgy title aside this superb piece of cinema lasts for close to fourteen minutes and is well worth viewing. At least two times for the ending alone. I laughed and laughed. The way the punchline was delivered that the audience knew was coming was genius.

The build up was well-crafted, the style was smooth and the photography really quite impressive. It was written/directed by a Brit(?) called Jim Solan through Notorious Films. If it hasn't happened already, this man's future looks to be pretty good.

Oh, and if you haven't got a copy of Shorts Directory, get one. Right?

No comments: