Friday, 28 September 2007

Anxious Waiting

My first stab at a re-draft of the 'noir' Short script went off late last night. I had a text back from the Director saying that he would be reading it today. And frankly I'm worried whether he'll like it or not. Isn't that silly considering that the gig is not being paid, that it's for a piece for a students slate, that it's only eight pages long?

Maybe, but if I couldn't be bothered about his reaction, what would that say about my attitude to this whole game? I do care. I do give a shit whether this (probably) teenage guy thinks that my re-working of his idea is any good. I've changed some elements from his original, added extra detail and created a whole new reason why the girl feels that the 'bad guy' can trap her in a relationship that she doesn't want to be in.

I think it works, but it may be too wide of the mark from his original thoughts.

What's that, you say? Slang? Oh, well, I'm sure that that will come later. The story is the main thing right now, yeah? Yeah.

I'll show you whose got the minerals. (I apologise if I've just offended anyone - I have no idea what that means...)

No comments: